Rancho Las Voces: Poesía / Lilvia Soto: «A Word is a Word is a Word / y las palabras palabras son»
La inteligencia de Irene visita México / La Quincena

lunes, octubre 15, 2012

Poesía / Lilvia Soto: «A Word is a Word is a Word / y las palabras palabras son»

.
You say you have only words to give

....................If words is all you have

..................................give me words


...............................................Dame palabras

Cut me words fragrant of coffee

......................of guava, tamarind, and orange blossom

...............................Sí, que huelan a azahar, a café con leche y a guayaba

Drip me words


..........as drops of honeysuckle in Araucan drawl

......................................Palabras perfumadas como madreselvas en flor

.....................................................................que cuelgan de los muros de Coyoacán

Spray me words that flare up my nostrils

.............with first-kiss awakening

.........................memory stirring

......................................whiff of dew-jeweled alfalfa

...............................................en los campos de mi abuelo

.............................................................in sun-drenched Casas Grandes fields

Cook me words, soul-food words

................spicy of mole and chiles poblanos

............................melt-in-your-mouth words of

.....................................silk-smooth sorbete de mango

...............................................and crunchy chicharrón

........................................................pig skin and barbecue rib words

.................................................................Sauce me jalapeño words

Paint me words sinned-soul black

....................................palabras oscuras, ciegas como el pecado

...............midnight indigo words

...............................palabras de cielo estrellado

Color me syllables

............................sunset fiery

.............................................juicy tangerine

..............................................................Tulúm sea blue

Brush me with Mexican rose

..................................and jacaranda blue

..............................................Fingerpaint me with artichoke silver

.........................................................Splash me with bougainvillea fuchsia words

.................................................................Deslúmbrame con palabras luminosas de Monte Albán

Tickle me with words that see

...........................with irony twinkling and lashes kissing

................................................................Palabras-sonrisa

................................................................................Palabras-caricia

...............................................words with throats that gurgle and

..........................................................bellies that shake

...............................................for nothing

.................................................................Because

Under the nightly earth moon

..............bathe me in words

..........................cool   fluid  lapping words -- skinny-dipping river words

.......................................In the wind      in the water      in the fire

...................................................serenade me with strings of cricket chirping words


....................................................................Canto de chapulín words

.......................................In the prairie    in the mountains    in the valleys

...............string me

............................percussion me

..........................................staccato me

.......................................................beethoven me

....................En la noche pelirroja y chisporroteante

...............................bajo los cirios del cielo

......................................báñame en palabras de fuego

....................In the criss-cross of your Indian blood

...........................foam me with sweet smelling

.......................................goat milk soap words

.............................................................Palabras de espuma

...........................Weave a mantle of words

...................................and cover me

.....................Cúbreme de palabras  Cobíjame  Anídame  Anáhuacme

......................Encircle me with words

..........................................................warm firm moist

........................................Hold me and curl me with words

Drawl me southbreath words

..............................................Las palabras tienen lengua y labios

Petal me with words innocent soft

........................with syllables tendrilled

................................and butterfly winged

................................................................................Desátame con palabras

.................................................................................Tarahumárame

With throat       with tongue

......................................With lips and teeth

..............................................Gerund me

..............................................................Mestizo me

..............................................................................Vermilion me

.............................................................................................Ocean me deep

......................................With pungent oyster words

..........................................................With swarthy mussel words

...............................................................................................Pronounce me

Anoint me

..............Semen me with words

.........................Sun words

..................................Moon words

..........................................Lunasol words

.................................................Palabras tornasoladas

...........................................................Man Words Erect

.....................................................................Tragallama words

Enchílame  Encebóllame  Cilantréame   Berenjéname

..................................................................Silabéame y ensalívame

...........................................Emplúmame

............Con voz de serpiente

...........................Con labios de exilio

.................................Pronúnciame

.........................................Yergue la palabra

REGRESAR A LA REVISTA